Benjamin Trail NP XL Air Rifle
Are you an airgun sleuth looking to pick up some free Bullseye Bucks? Solve the mystery of the Secret Six Pack and win $5!
- Benjamin Trail NP (Nitro Piston) XL Air Rifle
- Gas piston
- Bull barrel
- Ambidextrous stock with twin cheekpieces
- Textured grip & forearm
- 70% quieter than most other breakbarrels!
- Includes unmounted CenterPoint Optics 3-9x40AO scope
- Sling swivel studs already mounted
- Hardwood stock
- 9.70 lbs. with included scope & mount; 8.50 lbs. for just the gun (we've found that the weight can vary as much as 8 oz. due to fluctuations in wood densities)
The video on this page states it comes with a sling. It does not come with one.
If you shoot a lightweight pellet so its velocity exceeds the speed of sound, it could result in your pellet breaking the sound barrier and the gun being louder than expected! The speed of sound depends on humidity, temperature and altitude. Generally speaking, it's between 1,060 fps and 1,115 fps.
Here are the benefits of the Crosman Nitro Piston:
- Smoother cocking
- Smoother shooting
- No spring torque
- No spring fatigue, even if you leave it cocked for hours
- Functions perfectly in cold weather
- Lasts longer than a metal spring
The owner's manual states that the .25-caliber rifle delivers 950 fps. That's a misprint. The max is 900 fps.
This Trail NP XL rifle features an ambidextrous hardwood thumbhole stock. In .177 caliber, this rugged breakbarrel boasts an impressive 24 ft-lbs of muzzle energy, providing a velocity up to 1500 fps.
|Cocking Effort||47 lbs|
|Max Velocity||1100 fps|
|Suggested for||Small game hunting/plinking|
|Trigger Pull||3.5 lbs|